No-Risk Trial Examination
Our books are available for a 30-day trial examination for U.S. based customers. At the end of that period, customers may return the books for a refund or credit, subject to our return policy (see below).
A professor who has adopted or is considering adopting one of our books for a course can request a complimentary desk copy using our Contact page. Please click the “Desk Copy” subject on the Contact page and fill in the following fields:
- professor’s name
- school name
- course name and when it will be taught
- title of the book requested
- the address where the book is to be shipped
Those professors who adopt the book each year can also choose to be included on our annual desk copy mailing list. Those on the list will receive a new desk copy each year without the need to submit additional requests.
Orders for Schools
We do not sell our books through Amazon. The preferred method of providing our books to schools is for the professor to ask the school’s bookstore to place an order with us. (See below.) If your school does not have a bookstore, students can order directly from this website.
Bookstores and other resellers can order by faxing or emailing us a purchase order (call for email address) or by calling us. For ordering, each book’s ISBN number can be found on the respective product page of this website. See below for bookstore pricing & discounts.
Pricing & Discounts
We have two types of discounts, volume and retail. Volume discounts are based on the dollar value of the order and are limited to purchases not intended for resale. The retail discount is for bookstores and other resellers and is a flat 15% off the single unit list price. See our Products page for current unit pricing and discounts. Bookstores must order via telephone or fax (not the website) to obtain the discount. Prices, discounts and availability are subject to change.
Books in Electronic Format
We do not sell or have copies of our books in electronic or PDF format. Our books are available only in paperback.
Books ordered from LegalPub.com, Inc. (“LegalPub”) may be returned in unmarked and salable condition within 30 days of the order date for a full refund or credit, less shipping & handling. Exceptions: we do not accept returns from book stores or other resellers, sales with pricing or discount different than that stated on our Products page, and sales of books with customized covers. You must provide our original invoice or packing slip with your return. For all orders paid by credit card (including orders canceled before shipment), refunds will be reduced by any credit card merchant fee or payment processing fee incurred by LegalPub.
Return of books that were received in damaged or defective condition must be made within 30 days of the order date. Remedy is limited to replacement with new books of the same title. For customized books received in damaged or defective condition, remedy is limited to Legalpub’s choice of replacement with new customized books of the same title or a refund of the amount paid to LegalPub for such books.
How to make a return. On our Contact page, click the “Return Request” subject and fill in the following fields: purchase date, invoice or order number, title and quantity of the books to be returned, and the reason for the return. If the return request is accepted, we will email you a Return Authorization Number (“RA#”). Include the RA# in the shipping address of your return. All returns without an RA# will be refused. Please include our original invoice or packing list with your return. Ship the books to the following address using a carrier that will provide tracking:
RETURNS DEPT. RA# [insert the RA# that we provided]
113 East Bare Hill Road
Harvard, MA 01451-1856
Acceptance of returns is subject to inspection. Returns that comply with the requirements above will be issued a refund or other remedy as provided above. Orders paid by credit card will be refunded to the same card. Orders that were paid by check will be refunded by check. Orders invoiced and not yet paid will have a credit applied to the invoice.
Our annual edition books (the Federal Civil Rules Booklet and the United States Bankruptcy Code & Rules Booklet) are published in early January of each year and may be purchased by subscription. To purchase and manage a subscription, follow the steps below.
(1) Register for an account using “My Account.” (This link also appears at the top and bottom of this website.) Registering only takes a few minutes and helps speed you through the purchase process.
(2) Go to the “Products” tab and click on a product to go to its Product page.
(3) Click the “Annual subscription” button, type the desired quantity, and click the green “Sign up now” button. Click the “View Cart” button and complete the Cart and Checkout process.
(4) Your subscription starts on the date that you submit your order. At that time, your card is charged for your chosen product(s) and the latter will be promptly shipped to you. Your subscription is also scheduled for automatic renewal to occur each December 1st. On that date, your card will be charged for the next edition which will be shipped to you in early January. Note that new subscriptions that are submitted in November or December are handled a bit differently. Such orders are treated as if they are for the next edition only. Your card will be charged when your order is received and the next edition will be shipped to you in early January. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time using the “My Subscription” link in My Account.
(5) Each November, we will email you a reminder that you are on subscription status and, if necessary, to update your contact, credit card, and order information. To update your contact information, use the “Addresses” link in My Account. To update your credit card information, use the “Payment methods” link in My Account. To change your subscription order (the quantity or selection of books), simply cancel your existing subscription and then create a new subscription using the procedure described above. This is easy to do since most of the required information will be populated from your existing account.
Terms Of Sale
Established customers in the U.S. have a NET 30 day open account. New customers may be required to pre-pay until credit is established. For late payment, we reserve the right to assess finance charges at the rate of 1.5 percent per month and to require pre-payment on future orders.
For website orders, payment is made through either PayPal or Stripe, both of which securely accept all major credit and debit cards. For all other orders, we accept payment by check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, or AmEx. When paying by check, make checks payable to “LegalPub.com, Inc.” We can also email you an electronic invoice which you can pay securely on-line using most major credit cards and by ACH bank transfer. We accept purchase orders from established U.S. based book stores.
For non-exempt customers with shipment to Massachusetts, please add 6.25% sales tax. Exempt customers with shipment to Massachusetts must submit to LegalPub a properly completed Sales Tax Exempt Purchaser Certificate (Form ST-5) signed by the 501(c)(3) organization with a copy of its Form ST-2 attached. Such forms should be submitted with each purchase unless the “Blanket certificate” box in Form ST-5 part 3 is checked.
We normally ship out the same or next business day from the time that we receive your order. If you provide us with your email address, we can email you the tracking number and a copy of the invoice.
For smaller orders, we normally ship via USPS first class or priority mail (usually 1-5 business days). Larger orders are normally shipped via UPS ground (usually 1-5 business days). The shipping costs are set forth on our Products page. Pricing is for orders with one ship-to address. For orders with more than one ship-to address, additional charges may apply. UPS next day, 2nd and 3rd day air are available for an additional charge.
In lieu of our shipping charge, customers may provide us with their UPS shipper account number and we will ship UPS collect or UPS third party. Be sure to tell us which level of UPS service you would like us to use (e.g., next day, 2d day, 3rd day, ground).