No-Risk Trial Examination
Our books are available for a 30-day trial examination for U.S. based customers. At the end of that period, customers may return the books for a refund or credit, subject to our return policy (see below).
A professor who has adopted or is considering adopting one of our books for a course can request a complimentary desk copy using our Contact page. Please include the following information with your request:
- professor’s name
- school name
- course name and when it will be taught
- title or ISBN of the requested book
- the address where the book is to be shipped
Alternatively, you can mail or fax such request, on letterhead, to:
113 East Bare Hill Road
Harvard, MA 01451-1856
Orders for Schools
We do not sell our books through Amazon. The preferred method of providing our books to schools is for the professor to ask the school’s bookstore to place an order with us. School bookstores can do this by sending us a purchase order or by calling us. For ordering, each book’s ISBN number can be found on the respective product page of this website. If your school does not have a bookstore, students can order directly from this website.
Books in Electronic Format
We do not sell or have copies of our books in electronic or PDF format. Our books are available only in paperback.
Pricing & Discounts
For unit pricing and discounts, see our Products page. We offer two kinds of discounts, volume and retail. Volume discounts are based on the dollar value of the order and are limited to purchases not intended for resale. The retail discount is for bookstores and other resellers and is limited to a flat 15% off the single unit list price. Bookstores must order via telephone or fax (not the website) to obtain the discount. Prices, discounts and availability are subject to change.
For on-line orders, payment is made through either PayPal or Stripe, both of which securely accept all major credit and debit cards. For all other orders, we accept payment by check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, or AmEx. When paying by check, make checks payable to “LegalPub.com, Inc.” We can also email you an electronic invoice which you can pay securely on-line using most major credit cards and by ACH bank transfer. We accept purchase orders from established U.S. based book stores.
Books ordered from LegalPub.com, Inc. (“LegalPub”) may be returned in salable condition within 30 days of the order date for a full refund or credit, less shipping & handling. Exceptions: we do not accept returns from book stores or other resellers, sales with pricing or discount different than that stated on our Products page, and sales of books with customized covers. You must have our original invoice or packing slip to make a return. For all orders (including orders that were canceled before shipment) that were paid with Paypal or a credit card, LegalPub may deduct from the refund the merchant fee if such fee is not refunded by Paypal or the credit card company to LegalPub.
Return of books that were received in damaged or defective condition must be made within 30 days of the order date. Remedy is limited to replacement with new books of the same title. For customized books received in damaged or defective condition, remedy is limited to replacement with new customized books of the same title, if in stock, or a refund of the amount paid to LegalPub for such books.
How to make a return. Use our Contact page to let us know that you wish to make a return. Include your name, purchase date, invoice or order number, title and quantity of the books you are returning, and the reason for the return. If the return request is accepted, we will email you a Return Authorization Number (“RA#”). Include the RA# in the ship to address of your return. All returns without an RA# will be refused. Please include our original invoice or packing list with your return. Ship the books to the following address using a carrier that will provide tracking:
RETURNS DEPT. RA# [insert the RA# that we provided]
113 East Bare Hill Road
Harvard, MA 01451-1856
After we receive the return, we will issue the refund or remedy as provided above. Refunds of orders paid by credit card will be made to the same card. Orders that were paid by check will be refunded by check. Orders invoiced and not yet paid will have a credit applied to the invoice.
Our annual edition books (the Federal Civil Rules Booklet and the United States Bankruptcy Code & Rules Booklet) are published in early January of each year and may be purchased by subscription. To purchase and manage a subscription, follow the steps below.
(1) Register for an account using “My Account.” (This link also appears at the top of this website.) Registering only takes a few minutes and helps speed you through the purchase process.
(2) Go to the “Products” tab and click on a product to go to its Product page.
(3) Click the “Annual subscription” button, type the desired quantity, and click the green “Sign up now” button. Click the “View Cart” button and complete the Cart and Checkout process.
(4) Your subscription starts on the date that you submit your order. At that time, your card is charged for your chosen product(s) and the latter will be promptly shipped to you. Your subscription is also scheduled for automatic renewal to occur each December 1st. On that date, your card will be charged for the next edition which will be shipped to you in early January. Note that new subscriptions that are submitted in November or December are handled a bit differently. Such orders are treated as if they are for the next edition only. Your card will be charged when your order is received and the next edition will be shipped to you in early January. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time using the “My Subscription” link in My Account.
(5) Each November, we will email you a reminder that you are on subscription status and, if necessary, to update your contact, credit card, and order information. To update your contact information, use the “Addresses” link in My Account. To update your credit card information, use the “Payment methods” link in My Account. To change your subscription order (the quantity or selection of books), simply cancel your existing subscription and then create a new subscription using the procedure described above. This is easy to do because most of the required information will be populated from your existing account.
Terms Of Sale
Established customers in the U.S. have a NET 30 day open account. An invoice in advance of shipment may be sent to a customer who requires pre-payment or who has not yet established credit with us. A pro forma invoice may be sent to a customer who requests one. For late payment, we reserve the right to assess finance charges at the rate of 1.5 percent per month and to require pre-payment on future orders.
For non-exempt customers with shipment to Massachusetts, please add 6.25% sales tax. Exempt customers with shipment to Massachusetts must submit to LegalPub a properly completed Sales Tax Exempt Purchaser Certificate (Form ST-5) signed by the 501(c)(3) organization with a copy of its Form ST-2 attached. Such forms should be submitted with each purchase unless the “Blanket certificate” box in Form ST-5 part 3 is checked.
We normally ship out the same or next business day from the time that we receive your order. If you provide us with your email address, we can email you the tracking number and a copy of the invoice.
Domestic. For smaller orders, we normally ship via USPS first class or priority mail (usually 1-5 business days). Larger orders are normally shipped via UPS ground (usually 1-5 business days). The shipping costs are set forth on our Products page. Pricing is for orders with one ship-to address. For orders with more than one ship-to address, additional charges may apply. UPS next day, 2nd and 3rd day air are available for an additional charge.
In lieu of our shipping charge, customers may provide us with their UPS shipper account number and we will ship UPS collect or UPS third party. Be sure to tell us which level of UPS service you would like us to use (e.g., next day, 2d day, 3rd day, ground).
International. International orders are shipped via USPS flat rate priority mail unless another delivery service is requested. Shipping may be subject to an additional charge to be determined by Legalpub after receipt of the order. All duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer. LegalPub reserves the right to cancel or refuse any international order for any reason.